Saturday 12 May 2012

Are you a textaholic and fluent in text langage?

If there is one things that cell phones are used a lot for, it is sending text messages. There are always going to be those who prefer to talk on the phone, and those who prefer to text, but the fact is if you are shy and don't like to talk on the phone much you will only send text messages, but if you are someone who prefers to chat the chances are you will also be sending text messages too. This makes pretty much 100% of cell phone users texters!

Over the last decade or so, text messaging has gone crazy and become a serious habit for millions of people worldwide. Considering nowadays you can get deals both on contract and pay as you go phones, where you can text for free all month for a small charge, it is no wonder that so many people have become textaholics.

One of the main things that has come from so much text messaging, other than sore fingers and thumbs, is a new text messaging language. This new language is compiled of a huge range of texting abbreviations and symbols, as well as texting acronyms.

On my website www.how-to-text-message.com, I have various pages that provide many examples of these, and to be honest the more I text, and the more I look around the internet, the more it is possible to expand on them. At the end of the day it is possible to shorten and abbreviate almost any word in the dictionary, and that is what people are doing with their text message abbreviations.

Sometimes I receive text messages from people and at first glance it looks like a code that I need to refer to the military to break. I wonder to myself is it really necessary to be abbreviating every single word in there?

I have several friends that are teachers and on many occasions I have heard each one of them berate the use of text language, because it always ends up in the schoolwork of their pupils. The fact is you really have to draw the line somewhere and although there is no harm in sending social messages with all of these acronyms, symbols and abbreviations in, there is definitely no place for them in school or at the work place. But if someone has developed a habit it can be hard to break, there is truth in that.

It can work wonders to shorten your text messages though so you don't feel as though you are writing an essay each time. Texting language can shorten what you have to say down saving you both time and effort. Personally, I don't tend to use them as I like to be clear in what I am saying, and if that means I take ages to reply and compose my text message so be it.

If you are somebody who likes to use texting language in your text message, or you want to find out some of the most commonly used examples, check out my webpage devoted entirely to it where you will find all of the text message abbreviates, symbols and acronyms that you could ever possibly want!

No comments:

Post a Comment